Little Miss L was pretty excited to head out this morning, as today was finally Friday! Which means she finally gets to take her Valentines to school to share with all her little friends! Ever since her daddy-daughter date to see the new Star Wars this little girl has been all about Star Wars, so seemed only fitting we craft up some Star Wars Valentines cards…
DIY Light Saber Candies
- black construction paper, colored construction paper, scotch tape, duck tape and a round wrapped candy (rockets or love hearts work great!)
The How To:
- First get all your materials cut… starting with the black paper you need to cut it tall enough to cover the candy wrapper and wide enough to wrap around with slight overlap (in our case this was 2″ x 2.5″). Once the black is cut, cut the colored paper to the same size as well.
- First wrap the candy in the black paper
- Then wrap the colored paper at the top (just the width of your scotch tape overlapping onto the black). Optional add a little piece of tape to the top of the colored paper to hold the cylinder shape.
- Add a strip of duck tape or any silver tape over the seam of the black and colored paper
Here’s a photo step-by-step:
And voila! Light Saber Candies!
Once these were done, I printed off this awesome free printable, cut and attached with ribbon, and had the little one sign them all (which also doubled as great practice for writing her name!).
Here’s where we found that awesome (and free) printable: Over The Big Moon
What do you (or are you) crafting up with your little one for Valentines Day?? 💕Enjoy💕 AndreaDawn